The MITACS Globalink Research Internship in Canada is presently open for submissions. The Globalink Research Internship is an international internship for students from other countries who are completely compensated. Those who register will participate in a 12-week internship at a Canadian university with exceptional study facilities. Mitacs Globalink Research Internships can present you with a rare opportunity to reside and work abroad.
Undergraduate and Master’s students are qualified to register for the MITACS Internship. The duration of the internship is 12 weeks, between May 1 and October 31, 2024. For this educational institution, candidates do not have to demonstrate their proficiency in the IELTS Test. All the expenses will be covered. Below, you can gain more insights about the MITACS Globalink Research Internship 2024 in Canada and the process to apply for it.
Details About MITACS Globalink Research Internship in Canada
- Host Country: Canada
- Internship Location: Canadian Universities
- Financial Coverage: Completely Funded
- Who can Apply: Bachelor’s, or Master’s Students to undertake research projects at Canadian universities.
- IELTS: No
A significant benefit of this program is that it will finance your visit to Canada. The interns at Globalink will receive:
- round-trip airfare to Canada.
- Transportation from the airport to your residence in Canada.
- Aid with accommodation costs.
- Healthcare coverage.
- A stipend of up to $300 to assist with enrollment fees.
- Financial assistance for food and other necessities.
- Support from college students who serve as mentors.
- Enrollment in career advancement workshops and events in your area of specialization.
- Certificate of Completion for the Globalink Research Internship.
The MITACS Internship also offers the opportunity to connect with potential postgraduate educators, should you wish to utilize a Mitacs Globalink Graduate Fellowship to return to Canada for grad school.
Eligible Countries, Universities, and Disciplines for the Globalink Research Internship
Students from these nations are eligible to apply for the Globalink Internship. Globalink Research Internships welcome projects and fields from a diverse range of countries.
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
The universities for each of the listed countries are also provided. If your institution’s name appears on the list, you are eligible.
It’s an extensive list. The details of eligible universities and countries are available at
Read More: NASA Internships for Students of US, Canada, Asia and Europe
Advantages of MITACS Globalink Research Internship in Canada
- Research Experience: The program delivers the opportunity for participants to engage in cutting-edge research activities at leading Canadian academic institutions. Interns can apply theoretical knowledge from their studies to practical research challenges through this practical experience.
- International Exposure: Interns can collaborate with eminent experts in their fields and become acquainted with Canada’s academic and research environment. This exposure can lead to broader networking, a more comprehensive view, and enhanced cross-cultural understanding.
- Networking Opportunities: The internship is a platform to build connections with Canadian scholars, researchers, and fellow trainees. Establishing associations with experts in the industry can facilitate potential collaborations, research ventures, or graduate-level studies.
- Professional Development: Mentorship from experienced researchers can significantly contribute to the interns’ professional growth. They can gain insights, research methodologies, and skills relevant to their academic pursuits and future careers.
- Cultural Exchange: Interns living and working in a foreign nation are immersed in a unique cultural environment, enabling them to fully engage with Canadian society, establish ties with diverse communities, and develop a global mindset.
- Personal Growth: Undertaking challenging research projects and adapting to a new environment can foster personal development. During their time in Canada, interns frequently enhance their resilience, independence, and problem-solving skills.
- The achievement of an MITACS Globalink Research: Completing this internship is a remarkable feat that can elevate an individual’s resume. It demonstrates dedication to scientific inquiry, adaptability, and competency in a global and interdisciplinary context.
- Potential for Collaboration: A successful internship can pave the way for future collaborations with Canadian institutions or researchers. Individuals considering further studies or a career in academia can find it beneficial.
- Language Skills: Interns have the chance to enhance their proficiency in the English language, contributing to improved linguistic abilities for academic or professional pursuits.
- Exploration and Travel: Interns can immerse themselves in Canada’s diverse cultures, traditions, and landscapes during their stay.
Mitacs Globalink Research Internship Eligibility Criteria
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Passport must be valid until at least January 2025
- It is possible to apply even if you presently do not have a valid passport
- Obtain a recommendation letter from a professor. Download directions for the reference letter.
- Submit your curriculum vitae: It can either be sent or acquired through the Mitacs form.
- Provide academic records (in English or French, depending on your preference).
- Apply to at least three and no more than seven positions, ensuring your selections are from a minimum of three distinct Canadian provinces.
- Your academic discipline, program, and additional educational details
- Your interests, skills, and academic accomplishments
- Your reasons for pursuing education in Canada
How do I apply for the MITACS Globalink Internship?
Complete the student application form online. Access the official page from the link below:
What Is The Mitacs Globalink Research Internship Eligibility Criteria
You must be 18 or older.
At least until January 2025, the passport is good.
You can apply even if you don’t have a legal passport right now.
Get a letter of recommendation from a professor. Please download the directions for the letter of reference.
Add to your resume: You can send in your resume or get the Mitacs form.
Get your academic records (in English or French, whichever you prefer).
Apply to at least three and no more than seven jobs, and make sure your choices come from at least three different provinces in Canada.
What Are The Selection Criteria For Mitacs Globalink Research Internship
Your academic field, program, and other school-related details
Your interests, skills, and accomplishments in study
Your reasons for going to Canada to study
Who is eligible for the Mitacs research internship?
Bachelor’s and master’s students from around the world are eligible to apply. Applicants must be in good academic standing, have completed at least two years of their undergraduate and graduate studies, and demonstrate a strong interest in research and innovation.